ACCOMMODATION AND DAY WALK PACKAGES
We provide a range of accommodation and bushwalking day tour packages designed for those who no longer wish to carry a backpack - for those who still want to experience our wilderness areas first-hand and close-up before retiring in the evening in a warm bed after a hot shower and a filling dinner.
These packages are operated from our fully-serviced architect-designed cabins at Base Camp Tasmania, located in Glenfern and set in a quiet and secluded bush valley southwest of New Norfolk high above the Derwent River.
The property is protected by a Conservation Covenant (Protected Areas on Private Land) and is also a member of the Wildlife Land Trust, and in this peaceful place, walkers can relax and unwind after a day’s tour and enjoy the natural surroundings.
Stay at our beautifully located Base Camp Tasmania, and we will take you on guided day walks ...
Learn more about Base Camp Tasmania - click here
From Base Camp Tasmania, most destinations in southern Tasmania are readily accessible - you can choose from many of Tasmania's most spectacular natural sights and walks and get back to the comfort of your cabin in time for dinner!
- Mt Field National Park:
- Tarn Shelf/Twilight Tarn/Lake Webster Circuit
- Mt Field East
- Mt Field West
- Mt Mawson
Mt Wellington Range:
- Collins Cap and Collins Bonnet, via Myrtle Forest
- Trestle Mountain and Mt Marian
- Wellington Park walks:
- Organ Pipes track
- South Wellington via Ice Houses to Wellington summit descending
via the Zigzag Track
- Disappearing Tarn and Wellington Falls
- Southwest National Park:
- Mt Mueller
- Wyld’s Craig
- Mt Wedge
- Mt Snowy South and Lake Skinner
- Lion Rock, South Cape Bay
- Florentine Valley including Mt Tim Shea, the Growling Swallet, Junee Cave,
Styx Valley Giant Tree Reserve
- Lake St Clair National Park:
- Mt Rufus circuit
- Tasman National Park:
- Cape Hauy and Mt Fortescue,
- Waterfall Bay to Fortescue Bay or Tatnells Hill
- Cape Turville and McGregor Peak
- Cape Raoul
- Bruny Island (Ferry Charge + $30/group):
- Cape Queen Elizabeth
- Adventure Bay and Fluted Cape
- Maria Island (Ferry Charge + $35/client + $35/guide):
- Mt Maria
- Mt Bishop & Clerk
- Painted Cliffs
- Fossil Cliffs
- Darlington Convict Settlement
Please note, all tour destinations are dependent on weather.
Download printable PDF brochure for this tour
Contact us at Tasmanian Wilderness Experiences for friendly advice and assistance for your next Tasmanian adventure!
To make a booking,
Book using a form
Book via phone 1300 882 293 or email infotwe.travel
Please click here to refer to our cancellation policy and general terms and conditions.