MULTI-DAY TOURS | OVERNIGHT HIKES
Join like-minded individuals and experience one of the world’s last untouched, pristine, wilderness areas with landscapes of breathtaking natural beauty, stunning geological formations, and home to endangered and rare plants and animals.
Choose from our range of lodge-based, coastal and alpine guided walks in Tasmania.
A guided bush walk with Tasmanian Wilderness Experiences will save you time and take the stress out of your holiday planning
When you walk with us, you won’t spend hours studying maps and contours, worrying whether or not the route you have planned is in fact achievable orwondering if you will have enough food or even the right gear.
Our guides have had many years of experience hiking in Tasmania’s wilderness areas and across remote and inaccessible terrain. We know the best routes and those to avoid and your safety is our number one priority.
On our multi-day guided walks, we provide you with all you will need (excluding personal items) – airport transfers, waterproof and warm clothing, tents, meals and even toilet paper! Tours which start and end west of Hobart include pre- and post-tour accommodation at Base Camp Tasmania. Click here to view our comprehensive list of multi-day guided walk inclusions.
Tour with confidence
All our guides are mature, highly experienced and committed environmentalists. They are qualified in Outdoor Leadership, First Aid and Food Safety and Hygiene. They carry appropriate emergency communication equipment and a comprehensive medical kit.
We offer a range of walks for those new to bush walking as well as experienced walkers. Whatever your experience is in the great outdoors, we will introduce you to Tasmania’s scenic alpine terrain, spectacular coastal scenery, exposed heathlands, coastal rainforests, remote and wild coastal tracks – whichever tour you choose, we can guarantee you will see untouched and unspoilt natural beauty and experience remote places only accessible by foot.
We can also provide flexible and varied itineraries to suite your requirements (subject to minimum numbers) if our tour schedule doesn’t fit your travel plans.
A 20% group discount applies to 6 or more people on a single booking.
Day Tours and Accommodation Packages
As an alternative for those who don’t want to stray too far from civilisation, we have also developed day walks to a variety of destinations based on fully-serviced accommodation packages at Base Camp Tasmania. This option enables you to visit a variety of destinations, coupled with the opportunity to experience first hand and ‘up close and personal’ the unique Tasmanian wildlife on a 41 hectare private nature reserve.
Alpine, Sub-alpine or Coastal walking
Alpine Walking Tasmania (camping):
- Frenchmans Cap, Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park ~ Graded T2, 5 days ~ spectacular and remote alpine. More >>>
- Central Plateau / Walls of Jerusalem ~ Graded T2/T3, 5 Days ~ very scenic alpine terrain. More >>>
- Walls of Jerusalem ~ Graded T2, 4-5 days ~ very scenic alpine terrain. More >>>
Sub-alpine Walking Tasmania (camping):
- Mt Field Circuit ~ Graded T1/T2, 3 days ~ glaciated sub-alpine & alpine. More >>>
- Overland Track ~ Graded T1, 6 days ~ iconic sub-alpine and alpine track (includes food drop on day 3 at Pelion Hut). More >>>
Coastal Walking Tasmania (camping):
- Freycinet Circuit ~ Graded T2, 3 days ~ very scenic iconic coastal walk. More >>>
- South Coast Track ~ Graded T2, 8 days ~ very scenic, remote and wild coastal track. More >>>
- Tasman Trail Peninsula ~ Graded T2, 4 days ~ spectacular coastal scenery, vertiginous rugged cliffs, coastal rainforest, exposed heathlands. More >>>
Unscheduled Tours to Other Destinations:
The following tours (Graded T3) are available at any time subject to a minimum of three clients:
- Douglas Apsley Circuit
- Federation Peak
- Lake Oberon (Western Arthurs)
- Mt Anne Circuit
- Port Davey Track
- South West Cape
- Western Arthurs Traverse