SINGLE DAY TOURS | GUIDED WALK
Join like-minded individuals and experience one of the world’s last untouched, pristine, wilderness areas with landscapes of breathtaking natural beauty, stunning geological formations, and home to endangered and rare plants and animals.
Choose from our range of coastal and alpine guided walks in Tasmania.
A guided bush walk with Tasmanian Wilderness Experiences will save you time and show you the best sights when you only have one day
When you walk with us, you can be confident that you will see the best sights if you only have a day to spare. Just let us know where you are based and your preferences of walks and we can provide advice about the best walk for you. At Tasmanian Wilderness Experiences, we provide a large range of ‘easy’ to ‘challenging’ guided walks which are available on demand and with a minimum of 1 person (maximum 13).
Our guides have had many years of experience hiking in Tasmania’s wilderness and across remote and inaccessible terrain. We know the best routes and those to avoid and your safety is our number one priority.
On our single-day guided walks, we provide you with all you will need (excluding personal items) – transfers from your Hobart accommodation, waterproof and warm clothing, lunch and snacks, a day pack to carry protective clothing and even toilet paper! Click here to view our comprehensive list of inclusions which are provided when you book a single day tour with us.
Day Walks and Accommodation Packages
If you are considering joining us for several day walks, we also offer Daywalks and Accommodation packages based at our wilderness lodge here at Base Camp Tasmania. This option means you spend less time travelling to your destination and more time walking in the wilderness, plus have the opportunity to experience first hand and ‘up close and personal’ the unique Tasmanian wildlife on our 41 hectare private nature reserve.
Tour with us with Confidence
All our guides are mature, highly experienced and committed environmentalists. They are qualified in Outdoor Leadership, First Aid, Food Safety and Hygiene. They carry appropriate emergency communication equipment and a comprehensive medical kit.
We offer a range of walks for those new to bush walking as well as experienced walkers. Whatever your experience is in the great outdoors, on our single day tours, you can experience either scenic alpine terrain or spectacular coastal scenery. Whichever tour you chose, we can guarantee you will see untouched and unspoilt natural beauty and experience remote places only accessible by foot.
Alpine or Coastal Walking
Alpine Walking Tasmania:
- Mt Field National Park ~ Graded T1/T2 ~ Mt Field displays a wide variety of flora and dramatic glaciated landforms. More >>>
- Hartz National Park ~ Graded T1/T3 ~ Hartz Peak is a delightful walk in an easily accessible park in our World Heritage Wilderness. More >>>
- Mt Wellington Range ~ Graded T2 ~ Collins Cap and Collins Bonnet are two prominent peaks high above the Derwent Valley on the northern edge of the Wellington Range; Trestle Mountain and Mt Marian. More >>>
- Wellington Park Walks ~ Graded T1 ~ Mt Wellington Park offers a diverse array of topographical features from dolerite columns (the Organ Pipes) to block/bolder streams, precipitous gullies and bleak alpine heathland and moors. More >>>
- Southwest National Park ~ Graded T1/T2 ~ Mt Anne, Mt Wedge – a striking mountain, deep in Tasmania’s southwest, with magnificent views of Lake Pedder, Lake Gordon and the surrounding southwest wilderness; Styx Valley (Giants of the Forest); Junee Cave. More on Mt Wedge >>>
- Lake St Clair National Park ~ Graded T1/T2 ~ Mt Rufus circuit; Mt Huegel; Shadow Lake. For further information please contact us on 1300 882 293.
Coastal Walking Tasmania:
- Tasman National Park ~ Graded T1/T2 ~ Cape Hauy and Mt Fortescue ~ A dramatic assemblage of dolerite columns and sea stacks thrusting into the Tasman Sea; Waterfall Bay to Fortescue Bay; Cape Surville and McGregor Peak; Cape Raoul. More >>>
- Cape Raoul ~ Graded T2 ~ Walk through a variety of landscapes and plant communities culminating in the stunning view of Cape Raoul which is one of Tasmania’s 60 Great Short Walks and is the southern most point on the Peninsula. More >>>
- Bruny Island ~ Graded T1 ~ Cape Queen Elizabeth ~ a delightful coastal walk on Bruny Island with sea caves, an arch and a dramatic Cape; Adventure Bay and Fluted Cape. More >>>
- Freycinet National Park ~ Graded T1/T2 ~ boasts some of the east coast’s most secluded and pristine beaches, with breathtaking views of Wineglass Bay from the summit of Mt Amos. More >>>
- Maria Island National Park ~ Graded T1/T2 ~ Very scenic island walking which includes Darlington Settlement, Painted Cliffs, Fossil Cliffs, Mt Maria, Mts Bishop and Clerk. For further information please contact us on 1300 882 293.
Other Day Tour Destinations
- Bluff River Gorge ~ Graded T3 ~ an exciting walk in a spectacularly weathered and deeply incised sandstone gorge. More >>>
- Maydena and the Southwest Wilderness ~ Graded T1/T2 ~ Maydena offers a variety of short walks featuring towering swamp gums in the Styx Valley, rainforest, spectacular 360′ views from a mountain top and glacial lakes. More >>>
Departure Dates and Prices
Tasmanian Wilderness Expeditions will run a Day Tour on demand, from one to a maximum of thirteen clients.
Price per client is $175 per day including GST*
*Plus ferry charges for Bruny Island and Maria Island (please enquire)
Walk the Tasmanian wilderness with Tasmanian Wilderness Experiences!
To make a booking: