Walkers consider their meal stops to be the sensory highlight of their walking experience. Meals are looked forward to with great anticipation, and because outdoor activities demand nutritious and wholesome food, meals are generally the focus of the day’s end. Added to this anticipation is the tendency for all food to mysteriously improve in flavour and attractiveness during a bushwalk – so accordingly, we have taken great care to ensure that our lightweight meals are indeed the best they can be.
We have selected two high-quality Australian manufacturers to supply our Food-for-the-Track – run respectively by a food nutritionist and an extremely talented self-taught cook whose all consuming passion is cooking. Their menus provide a surprising variety without compromising taste, quality or quantity, and we are also able to cater for special requirements (vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, etc).
These meals are included in a daily ration pack for either one person or two, with one person’s entire food pack weighing approximately 650g before rehydration. They are hygienically sealed for protection, and ideally suited to the conditions on the track providing a good balance of protein, carbohydrate and fibre.
Our chefs describe their track food creations
- Beef and Mushroom Risotto – a hearty rice meal dish with tasty mushrooms and vegetables with a tasty mushroom gravy mix for a creamy risotto
- Beef Curry Pasta – al-dente pasta with succulent roasted beef pieces along with a variety of vegetables. Accompanied with both a savoury beef gravy sachet as well as a curry sachet – season to your heart’s content!
- Ratatouille and Pasta – a non-meat meal as a tasty alternative with the classic combination of eggplant, capsicum, zucchini, tomato, onion. A lovely savoury pasta dish with a vegetable gravy mix
- Spicy Lentils and Vegetables – another non-meat alternative that is packed with flavour. The mix of red and green lentils comes with a wonderful variety of vegetables and a separate sachet for flavouring your meal, including chilli powder, garlic, cumin, mixed herbs, and even a sachet of parmesan cheese
- Thai Chicken Pasta – this delicious meal comprises a colourful mix of vegetables with oven-roasted chicken breast meat with pre-cooked macaroni pasta. The separate flavour sachets have a savoury chicken gravy powder, curry, and coconut cream powder. All of these flavour sachets are separately packed so that you only add the ones you want, and as much as you like.
- Beef Massaman Curry – this is the latest addition to the Strive range – a Beef & Potato Massaman style curry. With all the warmth and delicious creaminess in true Massaman style it won’t disappoint
- Pasta Bolognese – a classic pasta dish with a traditional combination of tomatoes, onion, garlic and beef. This dish comes with a sachet of parmesan cheese to be added once cooked
- Hearty Minestrone – this minestrone is a hearty, easily prepared dish that will leave you feeling satisfied after a full day
- Cheese Corn & Vegetable Risotto – risottos are soul warming dishes, and when made with Arborio rice it is an authentic risotto straight from the stove for the easiest and tastiest risotto you have made
- Mushroom & Herb Risotto – Arborio rice is mixed with mushrooms and basil to make this authentic risotto without any of the fuss. Prepare as directed and in true risotto style, the rice will be creamy on the outside with a firm centre
- Lentil Curry Dhal – a traditional lentil curry dhal which you can make in minutes, this dish combines our custom made mild dhal curry powder with tomato, red lentils, onion and the perfect blend of herbs and spices to warm you. The touch of coconut makes our dhal unique
- Creamy Vegetable Pasta – a mix of garden vegetables and pasta are coated in a delicious creamy cheese sauce. This dish is enhanced by a hint of pepper and garlic, cooked in 10 – 12 minutes
- Vegetable Laksa – the mild spice of our laksa is enhanced by the creaminess of coconut milk. Combine that with egg noodles and vegetables and you have the perfect dish to look forward to at the end of a long day. Cooking time 10 minutes
- Asian Chicken, Corn & Noodle Broth – this meal is the “lightest” of the range. The combination of corn, chicken and rice noodles with a hint of ginger make this a tasty edition to the range
- Butterscotch Apples – this lusciously sweet dessert combines sweet, plump apples in a rich butterscotch sauce – quite the indulgence!
- Custard Fruit Crumble – a new take on an old fruit crumble favourite – satisfying at the end of a hard day on the trail
|A selection from either:|
|Beverages (Tea, Coffee, Milk, Sugar)|