We provide a comprehensive transport service for bushwalkers seeking to access Tasmania’s walking tracks. With our convenient and flexible schedule we have solved the problem of finding connecting transport to and from Hobart Airport, and the many possible walking destinations around Tasmania. Any day of the year, on demand, we will pick up bushwalkers either in Hobart CBD or Hobart Airport in our 14-seater buses, and drop them off in time to connect with return flights.
|Walking Track or Destination
(to or from Hobart CBD or Airport*)
|Estimated Travel Time (hrs)||One Way Fare (inc GST) from…|
|Overland Track (Cynthia Bay)||2:00||$110|
|South Coast Track (Cockle Creek)||3:00||$110|
|Western Arthurs (Huon Campsite / Scotts Peak)||2:25||$110|
|Maydena Bike Park||1:30||$90|
|Frenchmans Cap Track||3:00||$135|
|Bay of Fires (The Gardens or Mount William)||4:45||$220|
|Blue Derby MTB||3:30||$190|
|Federation Peak Track (Farmhouse Creek)||2:00||$135|
|Leeaberra Track (Douglas Apsley)||4:30||$135|
|Mount Anne Track (Condominium or Red Tape Creek)||1:50||$110|
|Mount Field (Lake Dobson)||1:30||$95|
|Overland Track (Cradle Mountain)||4:45||$210|
|Overland Track (Cynthia Bay to Cradle Mountain shuttle*)||3:00||$200|
|Overland Track (Cynthia Bay to Launceston)||2:20||$140|
|Three Capes Track (Tasman Peninsula)||1:30||$90|
|Walls of Jerusalem Track||4:00||$210|
|Wineglass Bay (Freycinet)||3:00||$135|
|…and even more destinations on request|
* Cynthia Bay to Cradle Mountain shuttle does not include transport to or from Hobart.
Bookings are essential for this service. All transfers operate on demand with a minimum requirement of 4 fares. Advertised times are based on our experience of the walks and the nearest campsites. Please contact us if you require a different time or destination.
We can supply gas and fuel and have a wide range of camping equipment and protective clothing for hire.
Terms and Conditions
- All transfers are to or from Hobart CBD except the Cynthia Bay to Cradle Mountain Shuttle.
- Some prices increase during the winter months from May to September inclusive.
- Airport parking fees are not included in the above fares and are payable by our clients.
- We have allowed for a brief stop en route at a public convenience on journeys greater than two hours – additional unscheduled stops will attract a charge of $42/hour or part thereof (including GST) waiting time to cover our driver’s wages.
- We offer 20% discount for groups of 6 passengers under a single booking.
- We will travel to other destinations if our booking commitments allow. Contact us to discuss your requirements and we’ll be happy to accommodate you.
- With ever-increasing fuel prices, regrettably, our fares are subject to change without notice, so please check with us for the current fare before making your travel arrangements.
- A 25% deposit is required at the time of booking.
- All transfers operate on demand with a minimum requirement of 4 fares.
- To guarantee departure for 3 people or less an agreement to pay the additional fare(s) is required.
- Partial or full credit (refund) of the additional fares will be arranged if other passengers book onto the same transfer.
- Failure to reach the minimum of 4 fares 7 days before a trip will result in a full refund being offered.
- Full fare must be paid at least seven days in advance of the scheduled pickup date.
Sometimes we must cancel a scheduled trip because of conditions beyond our control (severe weather, impassable roads, bush fires). We reserve the right to cancel a trip without notice, and if we can’t find an alternative trip to suit you, we will promptly refund your fare in full. We will not be responsible for any consequential losses arising from a cancellation.
If you cancel a booking we will refund your payment after deducting an administration fee based on the following table:
7 – 30
25% of cost
Note that we will construe a failure to turn up at the pre-arranged time or place for your tour/trip as a cancellation and will apply the above administration fee.
If we make an extra pickup trip without passengers (see ‘Unforeseen delays’ below), we will charge bushwalkers a surcharge of 75% of the fare for the trip. We will ask you to provide your credit card details in advance to cover this possibility.
Note that we have allowed for a brief stop en route at a public convenience on journeys greater than two hours – additional unscheduled stops will attract a charge of $42/hour or part thereof (including GST) to cover our driver’s wages.
We recognise that bushwalkers may experience unforeseen delays on the track and may not arrive at their end-point by the prearranged time.
If there are delays, this is our standard operating procedure:
- Arrive at the agreed pickup point at the agreed time (subject to any unforeseen delays we might also encounter en route, for example, roadworks, accidents, etc);
- Wait a further hour for the bushwalkers if they are not at the pickup point before returning to Hobart without them;
- Leave a message at the Walkers’ Registration Point advising of our expected return time the next day;
- Return the following day as soon as possible after fulfilling prior booking commitments – this return trip will be invoiced at 75% of the normal fare based on the minimum fare requirements above;
- Contact emergency services on the bushwalkers’ behalf if the bushwalkers have still failed to arrive at the pickup point and there is no apparent reason for their delay. Before departure bushwalkers should provide us with a Trip Intention Form to assist emergency services.